OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
YOUR SAFETY AND PROTECTION THROUGHOUT YOUR STAY
The below health protocol reflects our commitment to our guests and their safety.
Indeed, we commit to the most stringent protocols to ensure the safest and healthiest environment for our guests at every stage of their stay.
By adopting the social distancing guidelines, the recommendations and best practices advocated by governmental bodies and the WHO, we offer our guests a safe and secure space in which they can enjoy their heavenly getaway without worrying about the rest.
Our little paradise, Mauritius, has recently opened its doors and it is important to us to welcome you and your loved ones in the safest and healthiest environment possible, so that you feel at home. Our teams look forward to welcoming you in the best possible conditions and are committed to providing you with a safe and unforgettable stay.
I. BEFORE ARRIVAL
- Consult the electronic version of our “Guest Journey” brochures :
HERITAGE RESORTS GUEST JOURNEY | HERITAGE GOLF CLUB GOLFERS PROTOCOL
- Complete our online check-in formalities before your arrival or at the hotel reception in respect of the health protocol in place.
- Only fully vaccinated guests (both local and international) have access to our hotels. Under 18 accompanying their parents are exempted from vaccination.
- Local guests will be requested to produce their original vaccination card upon check in at the hotel.
- Unvaccinated travelers will be subject to a 14 days in-room quarantine in designated hotels.
- All passengers, including under 18 and babies, are requested to present a negative PCR Test result done not more than 72 hours from the last point of embarkation.
- All guests are required to have a Travel Insurance with a Covid-19 cover.
- Supporting documents to be presented on arrival:
- Negative PCR test certificate
- Vaccination certificate
- Covid-19 Travel Insurance
- Hotel voucher
- Consult the electronic version of our “Guest Journey” brochures :
II. ARRIVAL AT AIRPORT OF MAURITIUS
- Guest will undergo a temperature check upon disembarkation
- A PCR test will be done at the airport if guest temperature exceeds 37.8 degree or displays Covid-19 symptoms.
III. GROUND TRANSPORTATION
(Resort’s own service)
- Our drivers wear masks and protective gloves and are fully trained on Covid 19 protocols.
- All vehicles are disinfected before and after each use.
IV. ENTRANCE AT MAIN GATE
- Our Security Officer takes temperature of non-checking driver only
- Driver will not be allowed to exit his vehicle if temperature is above 37.8º C.
V. HOTEL ENTRANCE
- Permanent floor markings will guide you to maintain social distance.
- Temperature check is paramount upon arrival at the main entrance of the hotel.
VI. LUGGAGE HANDLING
- Guest luggage is misted with sanitizing product.
VII. FRONT DESK » CHECK IN
- A welcome cocktail is offered on arrival
- As per government’s protocol, all guests shall undergo a mandatory free of cost antigen test upon arrival.
- A second mandatory antigen test will be done on day 6 of guest stay.
- Our hotel will offer free of charge the 2 antigen tests.
- Hand sanitizer gel dispensers are available in different areas at the lobby for guest usage.
- Our Front Desk Agent invites guest to complete all formalities, either at the Front desk or in-room, while respecting physical distancing rules.
- Our Front Desk Agent accompanies and checks in guests in their Sanitized room.
- All sanitized rooms are designated by specific door tag.
- Hand sanitizer gel dispensers are available in all rooms.
VIII. GUEST ROOMS
- Rooms are sanitized prior to guest arrival. After the cleaning service, a doorknob signage is placed on the door to indicate that no one has had access to your room after the cleaning service.
- Your room is sanitized with approved anti-virus disinfectant.
- Your room is equipped with a disinfectant gel dispenser and is replenished daily.
- Turndown service is offered upon request to minimize access to guests’ rooms.
- Laundry from customers is collected and returned in a sealed and sanitized basket or packaging.
IX. ROOM SERVICE
- Tray and plate clearance performed upon guest instruction.
- Mini-bar service only replenished during cleaning time.
- Tables have been re-arranged to respect social distancing protocols.
- Tables and chairs are sanitized before / after each use.
- Reduced buffets offer with a preference for “à la carte service”.
- Menu covers and bill holders are sanitized after each use.
- Hand sanitizer gels are available in all restaurants and washrooms.
- Cash and credit card payments are only accepted at Reception under strict sanitary measures.
XI. EXCURSIONS & ACTIVITIES
- All excursions and activities must be booked in advance.
- Only exclusive excursions are offered and will be accompanied by specific sanitary protocols.
- The number of participants is limited for on-site activities and upon reservation only.
XII. POOL & BEACH ACTIVITIES
- All deckchairs and beach kiosks are sanitized after each use and marked “Sanitized” for the next user.
- Beach towels are placed directly in the room once a day.
- Menu covers and bill holders are sanitized after each use.
XIII. WATER ACTIVITIES & BOAT HOUSE
- The boat house will be equipped with hand sanitizer gel and wipes.
- Small equipment life jacket / mask / fins and snorkel are sanitized before and after each use.
- Pedal boats, lasers, Hobbie Cat, etc. are sanitized before and after each use.
XIV. RESORT BOUTIQUE
- Only limited number of guests will be allowed in the boutique at a time.
- Guests are requested to wear a mask inside the boutique.
- Guests will be invited to sanitize their hands at the entrance.
XV. BUSINESS CENTRE & MEETINGS
- Conference and meeting rooms have been set up to respect social distancing protocols.
- A limited number of participants are allowed inside depending on the size of the conference and meeting rooms.
- All equipment and furniture are sanitized before / after use.
- Toilets are cleaned and sanitized every hour.
XVI. SPA & WELLNESS
- SPA services (only accessible upon reservation)
- Visible markings on the ground at the Reception for keeping social distancing.
- No bathrobe is provided at the spa Guests are invited to wear their room bathrobe to attend the treatment.
- Shower is compulsory before any treatment.
- Changing rooms, Vitality pool, Relaxation area, Sauna, Hammam are temporarily not `operational.
- Spa Therapists disinfect their hands in front of the guest before starting the treatment.
- Wellness activities (where applicable)
- Wellness activities in group will have limited number of participants. Prior reservation is required.
- Floor and yoga mats are sanitized before and after each use.
XVII. FITNESS ROOM
- Access to the Fitness Center is upon reservation.
- A limited number of guests is allowed at a time within a time slot session system.
- After each session, a 20-minute time period will be taken to refresh, sanitize and ventilate the space.
- For hygiene reasons, guests are invited to wipe and disinfect their sports equipment before and after use.
- Dispensers for disinfectant gel and wipes are available and filled regularly.
XVIII. GOLF & SHUTTLE SERVICE
- Our shuttles are sanitized after each trip.
- Guests are required to wear a mask in all closed common areas.
- Please contact your Front desk service for booking of your tee-time.
XIX. KIDS CLUB (up to 12 years old)
- Access authorized only on pre-reservation at the Kids Club.
- The opening hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. / 6.30 p.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- A limited number of children are allowed at one time based on a time slot system.
- Outdoor activities will be encouraged instead of indoor activities.
- Limited access to parents inside Kids club and Baby club.
- Sanitization of hands for all children during check-in and after each activity.
- The hotel Kids club reserves the right to refuse admission to any child showing at-risk symptoms.
- Kid’s meals are on pre-booking only.
- All toys are sanitized after use.
- Dispensers of disinfectant gel and wipes available and filled regularly.
- Toilets cleaned and sanitized every hour.
- Our hotel, in partnership with 2 accredited laboratories, provides in-resort service for guests requiring PCR tests before boarding to home country.
- Medical staff of the laboratories carries out the PCR test 2-3 days prior to departure.
- Reports will be sent to guest by email.
- Cost of test is charged directly by the Laboratory to guest at MUR 2,000 per test.
- Guest in need of PCR test should inform our Front desk service upon check in.
XXI. GENERAL MEASURES
- As per government protocols, guests can remove their masks ONLY at the beach, swimming pool and when seated at table in the restaurant or at the bar.
- Our on-site infirmary at Heritage Resorts and our Company Doctor at Veranda Resorts are ready to provide assistance in the event of any medical problem.
- Our staff has been fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Continuing education program and training are in place for our staff, including enhanced hygiene and Covid 19 precautionary measures.
- All staffs wear protective equipment such as masks and sanitize their hands regularly during service.
- All spaces and touch points are sanitized at regular intervals.
- Only approved cleaning products, anti-bacterial and virucide disinfectants are used in accordance with CDC and WHO guidelines.
- Housekeeping staff are fully trained in the use of chemicals and disinfectants for the cleaning and sanitization of all surfaces and points of contact of guests’ rooms.
HERITAGE GOLF CLUB
Golf & Club House Operations (applicable for Heritage Resorts guests)
I. GOLF BOOKINGS
By Phone, by email or via the Reception Desk at the hotels
In Person - No bookings will be accepted or allowed in person.
Information on social distancing to golfers – The golfer is given a briefing over the phone of most important new procedures and he/she is also emailed a copy of procedures in advance of their golf game. When the time comes all bookings made by hotel guests or their agents will be sent tee time confirmation and social distancing procedures via email.
Tee time intervals - Tee times will be staggered at 15 minutes intervals to enhance a natural social distance.
Maximum golfers per day - A maximum of 60 players will be allowed per day during the critical first 3 months period and to be adapted if needed.
II. GOLFER ARRIVAL
Arrival Time - Players may only get to the course a maximum of 30 minutes before their tee time. No non-golfers / spectators allowed.
Security check Mauritian Residents - Security check for non-hotel residents where temperature is taken by security at the front gate. If above 37.5 deg the golfer will be denied entry.
Resort residents arrival - Hotel residents can access by walking or with the hotel shuttle.
Permission to access golf - Access will only be granted for confirmed bookings as per the tee sheet and if the tee time has been pre-paid for Mauritian residents.
Caddy Master greeting - Caddy Master to brief the golfer/s to carry their own bag directly to their buggy or trolley.
Caddy Master services - No storage of golf bags will be offered. No handling of golf bags by staff at all.
Proceed to proshop - After placing their own bag on their cart or trolley the golfer will be asked to sanitize their hands and then proceed immediately to the proshop for check in.
III. PROSHOP CHECK IN
Entry for Mauritian resident golfers – Mauritian resident golfers, having already pre-paid for all items, will be asked to proceed directly to the practice facility or 1st tee unless they specifically request to make a purchase at the proshop.
Entry for Resort resident golfers - Heritage Resort golfers, after having dropped their own bag on their own buggy or trolley, will be welcomed at the entrance of the proshop. They will be asked to wait on the designated social distancing markings on the floor.
Check in of resort golfers - A maximum of 1 guest and 1 staff member can be at the counter at any time with another two people allowed in the shop whilst respecting a social distance of 2m.
Social distancing - Social distancing signage and floor stickers will guide golfers from entry to exit
Clothing displays / floor layout - Clothing displays will be halved to allow for a greater surface area of open floor space. A new display unit layout will be done to allow for individual flow of walking in and out of the proshop.
Pens for signing of bills - A stock pile of pens i.e. enough for each individual, will be available in a clean container on the proshop counter and the guest will place same in the “used” container after use. At the end of the day proshop staff will sanitize the pens for use the next day.
Credit Card machines - Credit card machines will be disinfected after each use.
Cash - No cash will be accepted
Proshop staff PPE - To follow all front office SOP points as per HR SOP.
Sales - Guests will not be allowed to touch clothing or try it on and should request the assistance of the shop staff to view same. A touch and buy policy will be applied. Branded sanitizer and masks will be on sale in the proshop.
Exit - Guests proceed to locker rooms or starting terrace once check in is complete by following floor directions.
IV. LOCKER ROOMS
Doors - Locker room doors will be left open and the air conditioning will be switched off as a result
Toilets - A bottle of disinfectant will be left in each toilet for use by guests before and/or after use. A Paper toilet seat cover will be available for use and disposed of by guest after use.
Hand Soap - Readily available and full with two dispensers at the basins
Hand Towels - No hand towels will be issued for drying of hands
Showers - No shower facility will be available. Showers will be closed and no shower towels available
Hand Dryer - The hand dryer will be left on so that golfers can air dry their hands
Lockers - No Locker service will be available. Valuables should be kept on the golfer's person
V. STARTER TERRACE AND STAGING AREA
Trolleys - Trolleys will be sanitized and placed on the staging area before golfer arrives. Mauritian golfers will be encouraged to bring their own trolley.
- Trolleys will be displayed with 2m in between each trolley
Buggies - Buggies will be sanitized and placed on the starter’s terrace before golfer arrives.
- 1 golfer per buggy except for those already living together.
- Buggies will be staged with 2m between each buggy
Briefing - A starter will provide a social distancing and hygiene brieifing to each group every 15 mins.
Paper Receipts - No paper receipts will be accumulated by staff. The resort guest can show and retain his paper receipt. A Receipt will not be neccessary for Mauritian residents as all will be pre-paid.
iPad - An iPad will be used by the starter to verify payment. The iPad will display proof of check-in in real time.
Social Distancing - Signage and floor stickers will guide guests through from the proshop to the starter terrace and to the cart staging area.
Hire Sets - No hire sets will be available for hire during critical period i.e. next 3 months
Chairs - All guest chairs will be removed from the guest relations desk, proshop corridor and starting terrace.
Scorecards - Scorecards will be given to players however no swopping of cards will be allowed
VI. DRIVING RANGE, PRACTICE GREENS & LESSONS
Practice Balls - 15 balls placed for golfer on the grass by staff before golfer arives at the range
- Cleaned every evening with soap
- Collected only once per day at 5pm
Under Cover HItting Bays - Closed
Grass hitting bays - Spaced 5m apart with a maximum of 10 bays spread across the breadth of the driving range tee
Practice greens – Cup inserts to raise the level of the ball will be in place
Lessons - Lessons must be a maximum of 30 minutes
The pro must stand 2m from client and not go closer. Touching is strictly forbidden.
VII. DURING PLAY
1st Tee - Only 1 flight allowed on the tee at any time
- The starter will again brief the golfers on social distancing, hygiene and on course protocol
- Collected only once per day at 5pm
On Course - Cup inserts will be in place so that golfers only touch their ball and not the flag pole when removing their ball from the hole.
Golfers must never touch the flag pole.
- Golfers must remain 2m apart from one another.
Bunkers - No rakes will be left on the course. Each cart will be equipped with a rake and golfers to leave rakes on their golf cart.
Marshall - The course marshall will monitor social distancing
GPS - The GPS screen will be operational as normal as it would have been sanitized before use.
Ball Washers - On course ball washers to be closed and clearly marked as a do not touch item.
Rubbish Bins - On course rubbish buns to be closed and clearly marked as a do not touch item. Trash to be kept on the buggy and thrown away after play.
Change rooms - Change rooms will be open for golfer’s convenience during play but they must respect social distancing and hygiene protocol.
VIII. AFTER PLAY
Golf Cart / Trolley Mauritian Resident - Golfer to proceed to his/her car directly with golf cart / trolley. Same to be left in the golf car park and collected by staff and driven directly to sanitizing area.
Golf Cart / Trolley Resort guest - Golfer to proceed to golf car park, disembark, leave the golf cart / trolley in the designated area and wait under the port cochere with their golf bag. Cart / trollley to be collected by staff and driven directly to sanitizing area.
Club Cleaning - No cleaning of clubs by staff at all. Resort guests must take their bag to their room and Mauritian golfers must immediately take their bag to their car after the round.
Shoe Cleaning - No cleaning of shoes by staff at all. Resort guests must take thier shoes with them to their room.
Refreshing Towel - A disposable cold towel will be offered to golfers by leaving same available for self-service on the starting terrace desk.
Drinks service - No guests will be allowed to stand in or have access to the bar area or restaurant. If they want a drink they must go to the halfway house and buy a take away can or bottle.
Change Rooms - Change rooms will be open for golfer’s convenience after play but they must respect social distancing and hygiene protocol.