Earth Day was celebrated this week, on April 22, 2014, and this triggered a thought: how are we eco-friendly and green at Heritage Resorts on the Domaine de Bel Ombre?
This week we focus on the beautiful gardens of the Domaine, the nature reserve, the golf course…
1. Heritage Golf Club, an eco-conscious course: This 18-hole championship golf course was designed without deforestation or creation of artificial ponds. Irrigation comes exclusively from the collection of rainwater and runoff, 50% of the fertilisers used are 100 % organic and weeding is done with untreated coarse salt.
2. Frederica Nature Reserve: Spreading over 1300 hectares and rising up to 550 meters above the sea level, the Nature Reserve home to a unique biodiversity of flora and fauna and several endemic species. The Frederica Nature Reserve is an endemic forest preserved by Heritage Resorts and the Domaine de Bel Ombre in association with the Mauritius Wildlife Foundation.
Frederica Nature Reserve – The largest of its kind in Mauritius. Discover the nature reserve!
3. Dodo Trail – Main Sponsor: Heritage Resorts is the main sponsor of the Dodo Trail for the second consecutive year. The Dodo Trail is an international sporting event taking place on the stunning southwest coast of Mauritius. Heritage Resorts offers this genuine green sporting experience to its residents to discover Mauritian peaks.
4. Domaine de Bel Ombre sourced products: Le Château de Bel Ombre welcomes guests for breakfast and dinner (adults only) for a la carte meals and Mauritian themed evenings. Fresh products on the menu are sourced from the Domaine de Bel Ombre land.
5. Natural treatments by the Seven Colours Spa: Seven Colours has created its own brand of cosmetics providing energetic and therapeutic benefits. Drawing its inspiration from nature and its treasures, all beauty products are designed to soothe both body and mind.
6. The gardens of the Domaine de Bel Ombre: Looking at Heritage Awali and Heritage Le Telfair gardens, the french style garden of Le Château de Bel Ombre and the landscaped gardens of Heritage The Villas… you realise that nature is abundant on the Domaine. The gardens are aesthetically landscaped to offer a natural harmony and balance.
Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort garden
7. An architecture merging with the environment: Located between the hills and the beautiful lagoon in the south of Mauritius, Heritage Resorts merges with the surrounding environment… Shingle, thatch or tin roofs, the natural colours of the two hotels and the dedicated green spaces result offer a complete harmony between nature and architecture.
8. Heritage Resorts and Earth Hour: On March 29, 2014 and for the second consecutive year, Heritage Resorts celebrated Earth Hour by inviting residents to turn off lights and air-conditioning in their room for an hour.
Protecting and preserving the fragility of the eco system on such a small island and the untouched beauty of the South coast is crucial to Heritage Resorts. Discover the great outdoors of the Domaine de Bel Ombre, the Frederica Nature Reserve!