Located on the Domaine de Bel Ombre in the southern region of Mauritius, Heritage Golf Club is the finest golf experience in the Indian Ocean. Why should you choose it over the other golf courses on the island? We give you 10 good reasons…
1. A championship 18-hole golf course (par 72): Heritage Resorts’ golf club is one of the rare championship golf courses of the island. In fact, there are only two! It moreover offers five tee options for players of different levels.
2. An introductory 9-hole short course (par 3): Heritage Golf Club has not be designed only for champions … its ‘Short Course’ is ideal for beginners and families as well as for those who wish to practice before venturing on the 18-hole.
3. There is not only technics in life, there is fun too! If you play golf on the Domaine de Bel Ombre, you will enjoy a pleasant promenade with truly magnificent views of the lagoon and Frederica Nature Reserve.
4. The finest golf experience in the Indian Ocean: This 18-hole championship course, designed by Peter Matkovich, has been categorised as one of the TOP 10 golf courses in Africa by CNN Travel and has received several prominent awards.
5. A putting green, chipping green and driving range: Golfers wishing to improve their game can practice their golf swing, putt and chip on areas dedicated to these different shots.
6. A Golf Academy with a certified PGA professional: Catering for beginners who want to discover the practice and regular players who want to improve their skills, the Heritage Golf Club academy offers world-class facilities.
7. Night golf sessions, unique in Mauritius: Here is your chance to live an unforgettable experience under the stars on the Par 3. At night, the course is lit with glow sticks and golfers play using phosphorescent balls.
8. Restaurant and bar overlooking the course: Every effort deserves a treat and the Club House is the perfect place to relax and recharge your batteries. Whilst admiring the splendid golf course, players can enjoy a variety of Mauritian dishes as well as sandwiches and salads.
9. Environmentally responsible golf course: Who said you couldn’t practice your favourite sport while being green! The course is irrigated from the collection of rainwater and runoff, the pesticides used have very low toxicity and weeding is done with coarse untreated salt.
10. Little extras: Each course has its own little advantages and particularities that make the golfing experience even more incredible. Here, players can spot Deers on the course and the golf club has a Pro Shop which will satisfy the shopping addicts, in addition to golf carts with top-notch GPS.
Interested by a unique golfing experience in Mauritius? Green fees are free and unlimited for Heritage Resorts’ residents and if you just want to join us for a game, you only have to contact the golf club to book your tee-off.
VIDEO OF GOLF IN MAURITIUS – HERITAGE GOLF CLUB